For those surviving without ovens.

As an expat from the States, it can be difficult having loved and lost your oven... but there's a plethora of recipes to meet your tastebuds' needs using stovetop, crockpot, and even microwaving methods! This blog will provide recipes spanning from sidedishes to desserts, funky to traditional, and a few things in between. Enjoy!



Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spotlight Blog: foodgawker

For those who have not stumbled upon foodgawker yet... consider yourself forwarned, you may spend hours upon hours of "gawking" at this site and never even scratch the surface!

This site is the dumping grounds for all foodbloggers. You can find recipes for anything you could possibly want as well as providing you with a few new favorite food blogs. Each recipe is submited by a different foodie, which leads you to thier individual blogs. There are top dogs like howsweeteats, lovefromtheoven, and browneyedbaker. And then there are the lil' pups like, well... me. :)
You can create your own login to submit recipes and/or create a "favorites" list of recipes to try out in your own kitchen.

If you ever find a recipe that needs modification in order to work in your ovenless kitchen and don't have the time or patience to try it out yourself.... send it my way. I will see if I can work some of my steamerific powers on it, or create something new altogether using the same flavors!

Now go get lost in the abyss I like to call foodgawker.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. This is an abyss. I cannot wait to be out of school for the summer so I can experiment with some of these yummy recipes. Thanks for sharing! :)